Popular Posts

Saturday, June 1, 2013

                    Captivated By Christ
June 1-2013
Eph.4:1-8
Paul,the prisoner of the Lord entreated the church at Ephesus to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which they had been called.
v.2.With all humility and gentleness,with patience,showing forbearance to one another in love,
v.3.being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
v.4.There is one body,and one Spirit,just as also you were called in one hope of your calling;
v.5.One Lord,one faith,one baptism,
v.6.One God and Father of all,who is over all,and through all,and in all.
v.7.But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ's gift.
v.8.Therefore it says,when He ascended on high He led captive a host of captives,and gave gifts to men.

When I think of the high calling with which we have been called I wonder who is sufficient for these things?
Of and in my flesh there is nothing that is worthy,or even remotely capable,or,willing to carry out these instructions to the church.So then the answer is in Christ,the gift giver.
Have I been captivated by the Christ who gave gifts to men?Has He really taken over me body and soul,and all that I am,or ever expect to be?What about forbearance?Which is really another word for tolerance.Do I tolerant other's short comings in love?Or do I just grumble that so and so needs to grow up?
Somehow I believe if we are really cognizant of the sacrificial love we have received from Jesus,then our view of others will become more lovely even as He is lovely,and pure,and holy,as we should be as we give up ourselves into His right to captivate us.Pastor Lynn.

No comments:

Post a Comment